Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Guinness Record

Breaking a world record in order to make a political point. What an idea. My sister and her girlfriend brought this to my attention today, and I immediately had to go look up the interview and their website to check it out.

Bobby and Matty, two college students from New Jersey, both of them GLBTQ rights activists, are planning on breaking the Guinness World Record for longest kiss. Together, in an effort of youth and student activism (something important these days) and "in support of equal rights for every individual regardless of sexual orientation or gender," according to their website. They claim that, when it comes to prejudice and discrimination, "it's time to put down our words and demonstrate otherwise."

I have to say, I support this all the way. I just wish I could be there, watching them, for at least part of it. I hope to got they succeed. I think it's such a great idea to use something like breaking a world record to make a political point. It's a great way to demonstrate activism. And just in time for Prop 8 to be finished.

If you want to check out their website, follow this link. There is also an interview with them about everything from the application and approval process of the Guinness World Record people to how Bobby's boyfriend feels about him kissing someone else for 33 hours. The link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment