Friday, August 27, 2010

A Closer Look at Frustration

Yes, we all get frustrated. Everyone does it. We get angry, we think everyone's out to get us, blah blah blah. But this is getting ridiculous. Every single time you do anything to clean in this house, you end up screaming at me. Or, in this case, screaming at me and flinging water all over the kitchen because you're angry you fucked up.

When you're home all day doing nothing, it's expected that you do something. Sure, we maybe should help more, BUT WE DO THINGS ALL DAY! We work, we visit friends, we do homework, we have a life. You don't. So, naturally, you should be the one doing the things that need doing. But if makes you angry every single time, then make someone else do it. Don't take it out on everyone else. It's not fair.

And try to think about words before they leave your mouth. Everyone always says "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." It's a lie. They do hurt. A lot. And I'm sick of being told to "buck up" and "don't take it personally." It is personal. And it hurts. And no number of shields will stop that.

That was all very random and not at all eloquent. Full of nonsequitors, but I needed to get it out. I'm also sorry it took my so long to update. It was a combination of being busy, tired, and not having anything to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment