Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quotable Quotes

Let me let you in on a little secret that everyone knows. I am who I am and nothing you do is going to change that. My three favorite quotes?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

So, as you can see, I find it incredibly important that each and every person be who they are and no one else. I have many other favorite quotes that pretty much say the same thing, but these are the most important. There is a particular Judy Garland quote that is quite lovely. But I haven't memorized that one yet.

That's what makes me sick about where I live. There's no variety. Everyone's the same, and I always find it so hard to find people I fit in with. And when I do, I trim myself down to fit them because I'm afraid of what people will think if they know all of me.

And let's not even get started on what I think of my body. So whenever I find the need to tailor my personality so that someone else will like me, or so I can have a conversation with them, I'll remember the times I was furious at what someone said and just let it pass. World, you will know who I am before I'm done. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment