Friday, July 23, 2010

Christmas Albums

I could talk about how furious I am with my dog and my family and how I don't think the two fit together all that well, but I think I'm going to talk about something a little more cheerful today. Christmas.

It was just released that Susan Boyle may be working on a Christmas album, and I was thinking. Here is the link to the article: http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/07/22/susan-boyle-christmas-album/ She's probably one of the few people I would actually consider buying a Christmas album from, because her's would be traditionally sung. I can't stand those Christmas songs that rocked up or popped up or something equally horrible. Susan Boyle would sing traditional Christmas songs the way they should be sung. Traditionally.

To me, it compares to the national anthem. So many people sing it or play it much flashier than it is written, and it's not right. I'm all for redoing songs and making remakes, but some things are simply sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment