Monday, September 6, 2010

Review: Weezer Concert

So, last Thursday, I went to a Weezer concert. The opening band was Coheed and Cambria, which I am actually familiar with. Which was a pleasant change, as usually I'm not familiar with the opening acts of the concerts I attend. Unfortunately, I was with a rather talkative friend, and we chatted through a lot of that part of the concert. What I heard was spectacular, though. I wasn't there to see them, so I wasn't that excited.

Weezer, though. Man. I hadn't heard a bunch of their music, but the concert was amazing. Even though the music is a bit hard, it was quite easy to catch onto the lyrics and begin to sing along with the band and the rest of audience. The lead singer was so totally into it, as well. The whole concert had the feel of a party. Beach balls were bounced around above the audience's heads, toilet paper was thrown around. It was quite amazing. It was a ton of fun, and the rowdiest concert I've ever been to at that venue in particular. They don't even let you move from your seat most of the time, there.

But it got even better when the lead singer came out into the audience, going so far as the Grand Stands only to be mauled by adoring fans. And he then started singing on a cart that was behind the ground seats. It was intense. He was so into the performance, so interesting in connecting with all of the fans that were there, no matter what seats they had. I went because my mother got two free tickets, but I was surprised by how much of their music I had actually heard. And I am definitely planning on buying their newest album, Hurley.

Next post will probably be two book reviews in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment